K-6 School Counselor
My name is Brooke Peterson and I am excited to start another year at Gibraltar Elementary as the K-6 School Counselor. I grew up in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin and attended Sevastopol High School. I attended the University of Wisconsin-Stout for my undergraduate degree in Psychology and my Masters degree in School Counseling. I returned to Door County upon graduation and am very excited to be at Gibraltar.
The Gibraltar School District Counseling Program has been developed based upon the Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model and the American School Counseling Association National Standards.
The School Counseling Program's Mission Statement: The mission of Gibraltar's Comprehensive School Counseling Program is to connect students, school staff, families, and communities together in order to maximize the potential of all students.
Gibraltar School Counseling Curriculum Goals
(Aligned directly with the Wisconsin Comprehensive School Counseling Model-WCSCM)
- The student will recognize strengths and abilities in self and others
- The student will learn effective life skills through the use of character education including decision-making and conflict resolution
- The student will develop personal and social skills that will lead to mental, emotional and physical wellness.
- The student will gain an understanding of physical, mental and cultural differences in people from diverse backgrounds.
- The student will develop study skills and test taking strategies that will accompany them in the present and future.
- The student will plan for future careers and will recognize that present learning relates to future jobs.
- The student will develop personal safety skills and learn protective behaviors.
"Like" the K-12 School Counseling page on Facebook for instant updates and articles. Search: Gibraltar School Counseling Department
Feel free to explore this link for parent resources, my blog, and other information regarding Gibraltar Elementary's School Couseling Program!
920.868.3284 Ext. 288