Ladies on Life (LOL)
Welcome to “Ladies on Life” – an all new class experience for young women to celebrate womanhood and explore issues related to being a mentally, emotionally and physically healthy woman in today’s ever-changing world.
My course goals for you:
q to help you to prepare for life beyond high school
q to provide you with hands on health & beauty related experiences
q to provide knowledge and skills to better equip you to make healthy decisions about your life
q to help empower you to be proactive about your health and wellness
q to value and take care of your body – it’s the only place you have to live!
This course will delve into the following interconnected areas of study.
- 1. The Power of the Mind: Shaping our attitudes, perceptions and perspectives – positive female role models
- 2. Fostering Beauty Starting from the Inside out
- 3. Connections: Nourishing our lives with family, friends and positive relationships
- 4. Women’s Health & Wellness Issues: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
Typical Class Activities:
- ø Discussion, Discussion, Discussion! Oh… did I mention discussion?
- ø Films/videos that teach and inspire
- ø Guest Speakers who teach and inspire
- ø Meaningful Projects that will help you learn more about yourself or who you will become; or help others to do the same.
- ø Exercise/Fitness Activities
- ø Field trip (“Girl’s Day Out”)
- ø “Girl Stuff:” You will be required to complete 3 “sharings” during the semester – Share a skill, snack, song or speaker (details on separate sheet)
- ø journaling
- ø Women’s health news/article sharing– 2 minimum;
- ø Culminating girls’ wellness event
“Love life, engage in it, give it all you’ve got. Love it with passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it.” – Maya Angelo
There are no upcoming events to display.